Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Lafayette's Music Room, Memphis, TN

Lafayette's

MAP

Lafayette's is a restaurant and music venue at the corner of Cooper and Madison in midtown Memphis. They also have a location in Orlando, FL but I've never been there.

I've posted about Lafayette's before, so I'll keep it short. I also don't normally post an individual entry for somewhere I've already posted about, but I thought this dish deserved it's own page.

I went there tonight to hear a local big band, the Memphis Jazz Orchestra, a group I've sat in with a few times. I got the Midtown Mac and Cheese, which is macaroni and cheese with white cheese sauce, with grilled, seasoned chicken on top, and it was fantastic!

It's a little pricey, but as I understand it, about the same as other locations in Overton Square. It was just under $20.00 for the entree and a drink including tax, but it was worth every penny. There was also a $3.00 cover charge, and it cost $3.00 to park. There is some free parking in the area, but you have to get lucky to get a place so it's just as easy to pay the $3.00 and park in a covered garage which is right across the back alley from the location.



No comments:

Post a Comment