Sunday, May 2, 2021

Holly's Kitchen, Munford, TN

Holly's Kitchen

MAP 

Holly's Kitchen is a small privately owned restaurant in Munford, at the corner of Reeder Avenue and Beaver Road next to the gas station, a few blocks northwest of Highway 51. I went there late Saturday morning (they are only open until 2 PM) for lunch.

I had high hopes when I first went in. They were pretty busy which is usually a good sign and I was told that they serve anything on the menu anytime they are open which is a big plus for me because I usually don't get stereotypical breakfast food.

Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed by the food. I don't like giving negative reviews but I like to be honest otherwise my blog is useless. The service was pretty good although it took a while for the food to come out, but I can chalk that up to them advertising that they are hiring cooks. Everyone I spoke to was friendly.

I ordered a club sandwich with a side of steak fries and macaroni and cheese. The sandwich only came with one side and I wanted to try those two things so one side was an additional cost. The sandwich was okay but nothing to write home about but both of the side items both had very little taste. I had to put a lot of salt on both for them to be mediocre.

The total was a little over $12 including a drink, extra side, and tax, which isn't bad for the amount of food I got. I will be back if I'm in the area to give them another chance. I'm hoping maybe they were just having a bad day due to being short on cooks.

If you're in the area and try them and have better luck with the food let me know.





4 comments:

  1. Hi. I’ve just discovered your food blog, & enjoyed reading through it all, from beginning to end. There are definitely some I didn’t know about and plan to try.
    Just wanted to mention there are two restaurants I was surprised you’ve not reviewed. Maybe they were included and I just missed them.
    The first is Hernando’s newest seafood restaurant, The Parish Oyster Bar & Restaurant, on Commerce St, in the small strip mall, across the street from Taco Felix and McDonalds. It is getting rave reviews, but recommendation is to go as early as possible to avoid a wait. It opens at 3pm Tues. thru Sat.
    The second is my favorite BBQ place anywhere, hands down, & that’s the Cozy Corner, on North Parkway, in Memphis.
    I first heard about it years ago when Cybill Shepherd told Johnny Carson it was her favorite BBQ place. The entrees I favor are the bbq ribs & Cornish hen. I usually can’t resist the hen, but most people I take have the ribs & love them. Another popular entree is the rib tips. They do have a website, with menu & prices. It’s been a couple of years since last I went, but then a Cornish hen plate was only $13. That was a Whole hen, with 2 sides & a slice of bread. I can never eat it all, & leave with a to-go box. Oh, their homemade sweet potato pie is good, also ... not too sweet.
    I’m not sure now, but last I heard the dining area was temporarily closed, & it’s only pick up or delivery. But, I did read a Google review that said they delivered to Olive Branch!
    My route to Cozy Corner, from MS, is I55 towards Arkansas bridge, keeping left to access straight onto Riverside Dr. Hang a right to Front St, then left (north) on Front to intersection of A.W. Willis (1 or 2 blocks past Bass Pro). Turn right (east) & stay on Willis, then after cross Danny Thomas, it’ll be about 1-1/2 blocks, on right (south) side of the street. Remember Willis becomes N Parkway at Danny Thomas. It’s at the end of a warehouse looking building, just before Manassas St. Looks sketchy to those that haven’t been there, but not to worry, it’s a favorite place for doctors, lawyers, white & blue collar workers, & anybody that loves good barbecue.
    A restaurant I haven’t been to yet, but have heard about is right across the street, from Cozy Corner, in a red brick building, I think. It’s Clay’s Smoked Tuna & some of their offerings are smoked tuna, salmon, & wings.
    Keep up the sharing good eating experiences because your endeavor is more important than ever now.
    Forgive the dissertation. 🙄
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments. I actually have all of these places only list. The problem is I have over 200 restaurants and it will take me a long time to get too all of them, but I appreciate the input!

      Delete
  2. By the way, I am bookmarking your blog to keep up with your future reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I am bookmarking your blog to keep up with your future reviews.

    ReplyDelete