Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Wilson Cafe, Wilson, AR

Wilson Cafe

Wilson Cafe 

MAP

Although I normally don't give an individual separate page to a restaurant I have already reviewed, Wilson Cafe will probably be one of my few exceptions. I've been there a few times now and everything I've had has been fantastic, and I've ordered something completely different every time I've been which is somewhat unusual for me since I normally go to a specific restaurant for a specific item.

It's in Wilson, Arkansas on North Jefferson Street right at the corner of Main Street, which is about a 30-60 minute drive from the Memphis area depending on where you leave from and depending on traffic. The Hernando Desoto Bridge in Memphis (the main TN/AR bridge) is closed right now due to a break in one of the beams so you have to take the "old" Memphis/Arkansas bridge, and during rush hour it's usually egregiously backed up. I went over this past Saturday evening and it wasn't too bad.

As a side note, the street at the intersection where the restaurant is located is a one-way street so to be legal you have to go the next street just a few feet away and circle around to it. There was a police officer sitting right near the intersection and I presume that if anyone had turned the wrong way on the one-way street, they may have been pulled over.

This time I ordered the daily special which was blackened catfish over a bed of shrimp and corn hash and it was fantastic, just like everything else I've had there.

They aren't cheap, but they aren't particularly expensive for what you get. My total before tip was around $42 but that included a side salad and a glass of wine. Without the wine, it would have only been around $31 which is excellent, considering you can spend $20 or $25 for a full entree at somewhere like O'Charley's.

I can't say enough about this place and if you're ever in the area or want to take a short trip, it's definitely worth the drive.



No comments:

Post a Comment