Monday, July 15, 2019

Elwood's Shells, Memphis, TN

Elwood's Shells

MAP

Elwood's Shells is a mostly seafood restaurant on Cooper Street just north of Young Avenue in the Cooper/Young district. I went there today for lunch.

The food was good but to be honest, prices were more than I was expecting even for a mid-town restaurant. There are couple of items on the menu for $12 but most everything is $18 or more, even sandwiches. There was a separate lunch menu but nothing struck my fancy. Nothing sounded bad, I just didn't see anything that called out to me.

I ordered the Cajun Chicken Tenders which comes with Parmesan fries and they were both very good. I also ordered a side of the jalapeno slaw which was very good as well. My friend ordered an appetizer called Gator Eggs which was stuffed jalapenos and he said they were very good.

Prices aside, the food was really good and I recommend it. You will run into the typical Cooper/Young issue of parking. I happened to get there before the lunch rush and was able to park on the street very close to the building but I got lucky and got the only space that was left. The restaurant has its own parking lot but it's small. There were only four or five parking spaces and they were all taken. This isn't a fault of the restaurant; it's a mid-town Memphis problem.

All that side, the food was great so try it out if you're over that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment