Friday, July 6, 2018

Lafayette's Music Room, Memphis, TN

Lafayette's Music Room

MAP

Lafayette's is a bar and grill located on Madison Avenue in Overton Square, basically at the corner of Madison and Cooper. They have a stage and most nights have live music. I went there yesterday, 7/5 to hear a friend of mine play. He has a full big band and they played from 6 PM until about 9 PM.

I got a bacon cheeseburger and it was really good, but a little overpriced in my opinion. No complaints about the food. It wasn't the best burger I've ever had, but it was really good. The burger and fries, a soda, and tax was almost $18.00 before tip. They apparently charge for onion and any extras, so the price of the plain burger went from around $9.00 suddenly up to about $14.00, plus there was a $5.00 cover charge to get in. I was expecting the cover charge, but wasn't expecting to be charged for onion. Based on what several other people have said, the prices may be about average for Overton Square. Either way, as I said, the food was good.

I will definitely be back if there is a band I want to hear but personally would not go there just to eat.





No comments:

Post a Comment