Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Mike's Family Restaurant, Olive Branch, MS

Mike's

MAP

Mike's is a family style diner in Olive Branch, not far north of Highway 78, just off Cockrum Road (Highway 305) behind the Pizza Hut.  I had been there once before when it was Sweet Pea's but as far as I know, Mike's is a completely new business unrelated to Sweet Pea's.

For some reason, they have very mediocre reviews with a lot complaints but I had a coupon and a friend of mine and I decided to try it today. We debated a little because of the bad reviews, but I was very pleased with the service and food. I got the daily special which was country fried steak and three side items, and I chose macaroni and cheese, black eyed peas, and mashed potatoes, and it was all very good. The serving sizes were fair too. I wasn't able to eat all of the food because it was plenty to fill me up. Before tip, not including the coupon, my total was around $13.00.

The restaurant hasn't been there long, maybe a year or two, so it's possible the bad reviews were from when they first opened, but regardless, as I said, what I got was very good. My friend got the daily special also, but got different sides and said his was very good too.

While I was there, a lady at the table behind us was very rude to the waitress, telling her that she needed to leave customers alone while they were eating and not to bother them by asking if they needed anything because it was "very, very annoying." Seriously what does she expect? The waitress to bring the food then never speak again? I didn't see the girl do anything that should have annoyed the old lady. Maybe it's crap like that causing a few bad reviews. I did notice that my friend and I were the youngest people in there by a number of years and maybe they've just been unlucky getting cranky old people.

I hope the bad reviews were just a fluke and I hope they do well. I will definitely be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment