Monday, August 15, 2022

La Llamarada, Memphis, TN

MAP

La Llamarada is a Mexican restaurant on Summer Avenue just east of the Scott Street overpass. A couple of weeks ago I saw a comment about it on Facebook where someone said it was the best Mexican restaurant in town and I was skeptical but I went there last Monday and honestly that may be true. It was fantastic!

The menu board said they have different foods each day so they don't have a set menu. They do open early, 6:00 AM for breakfast. They start lunch around 10:30 I think and the guy told me they serve until they run out of food.

I got there that day just before 3:00 PM and got the literal last item in the cooker. It was a tamale and it was incredible. It came with rice and beans and it was plenty for a full meal. I also got two Diet Cokes (in a can) and the total before tip was only $9.00. The service was also great. Everyone was very friendly.

I can't say enough about this place! I highly recommend it and I will be back! I was going to go back today but I didn't get up early enough.

They don't seem to have a website.


 

Other recent trips:

Alcenia's, Memphis, TN - salmon croquettes, hash browns, eggs, rice




Runway Grille, Memphis, TN - catfish, baked beans



El Charro, Horn Lake, MS - Chicken chimichanga


No comments:

Post a Comment