Monday, January 14, 2019

The Half Shell, Memphis, TN

The Half Shell

MAP

The Half Shell is a Memphis staple, known for their seafood, but they have a good selection of other items also. They are are the corner of Mendenhall road and Southaven Avenue just south of Poplar and the railroad tracks. I went there tonight on the way to a rehearsal. I wasn't extremely hungry and I decided to get a sandwich instead of a full entree.

To my pleasant surprise, they have a Monte Cristo sandwich, and I've been trying for some years to find a good Monte in the Memphis area since Bennigan's closed a few years ago. I've found a few places that have one, but they aren't the traditional fried club sandwich style that I like.

I perused the menu just to see what types of dinners they had and of course, they had a good selection of seafood and steaks. I've been there before, but it had been many years ago. They are not a cheap place, but not badly overpriced either for what you get.

The sandwich I got tonight included a side and I chose steak fries. With a drink, the total was about $13.00 before tip. The sandwich was really good and I will definitely be back!



No comments:

Post a Comment