Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Young Avenue Deli, Memphis, TN

Young Avenue Deli

MAP

Young Avenue Deli is a restaurant on Young Avenue, basically at the corner of Cooper and Young, just west of Cafe Ole. I had never been there before last night, but had heard about it for years.

I ordered the "Politically Incorrect" which is ham, roast beef, and turkey on rye bread with spicy mustard, lettuce, pepperjack cheese, and tomato. It was fantastic. As my side item I got chili cheese fries, and they may have been the best I've ever had. There were several items on the menu that sounded good and it took me a few minutes to decide, but what I got was great!

Prices were pretty good. All together, including the up-charge for the chili cheese fries, the total was $13.00 before tip.

In and effort to be completely honest, the service wasn't spectacular. It was adequate, just not great. I don't need to have my butt kissed when I'm at a restaurant, and to be fair, my order was correct and came out fairly quickly, and she didn't do a bad job, there just isn't anything in particularly positive to say. I chalk that up to "Oh well, it happens every now and then." Overall, I was very pleased, and I will definitely be back. In fact, I was going to go back again tonight, but I wound up meeting a friend at a Chinese buffet.

It's definitely worth a visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment