Friday, January 4, 2019

Sushi Jimmi, Memphis, TN

Sushi Jimmi

MAP

Sushi Jimmi is a small Japanese Fusion restaurant on Poplar Avenue just east of the Union/Poplar convergence (if you're from Memphis, you know what I mean), at the corner of Poplar and Fenwick Road, almost directly across the street from Amro Music Store.

I went there for lunch today and was very pleased. To be honest, it was a little more expensive that I was expecting, but they advertise themselves as a Japanese fusion restaurant, so I should have expected that, and they are a little cheaper than all of the other fusion restaurants I've been to so the prices weren't bad.

I got a Batman roll which is spicy crawfish, shrimp tempura, cream cheese, spicy mayo, and eel sauce and it was very good. I also ordered an appetizer, the Jalapeno poppers, and they were completely different than what I was expecting, but very good. They were not the typical deep fried poppers you get at most places. They were fixed in an Asian style, different that anything I've ever had and they were great. They were great as they were, but I asked for some eel sauce to go with them. I tried eel sauce and soy sauce and neither one of those was quite right, but they were still good nonetheless.

They weren't very busy and the service was great. The total before tip including a drink was about $22.00 and I will definitely be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment