Monday, January 14, 2019

El Porton, Memphis, TN

MAP

El Porton is a Mexican restaurant in Memphis on Poplar Avenue just west of Highland, in the building where Buffalo Wild Wings used to be. I went there yesterday for dinner with some friends.

Apparently they don't have a website so I didn't list one. There are three El Porton restaurants in the Memphis/North Mississippi area and as far as I know, they are all owned or operated by the same family and not related to any of the other El Porton locations in other parts of the county.

I like their food but it isn't one of my favorite Mexican places. They have pretty standard selections just like other Mexican places and their prices are reasonable. That sounds like a mediocre review but it really isn't. Their food is good, they just don't happen to be a restaurant I go to much. For Mexican food, I prefer the small "hole in the wall" type places where most of the employees don't speak English, but El Porton is definitely worth going to if you're near one.

This time I got a chicken quesadilla. The price was about average. For the entree, a cheese dip, and a drink, the total was around $14.00 or $15.00 before tax, which is about the same as most places.


No comments:

Post a Comment