Thursday, October 8, 2026

Little Jamaica, Southaven, MS

Little Jamaica

MAP

Little Jamaica is a new Jamaican restaurant in Southaven on Stateline Road just west of I-55 at the corner of Stateline Road and Hamilton Road. They have a location in Memphis as well. It's only been open 2 or 3 weeks but I had a chance to try them out a few days ago.

I know essentially nothing about Jamaican food so I didn't know what to try. One thing I noticed is they don't have an overly large menu so it was reasonably easy to choose something.

I ordered the jerk chicken, my friend ordered the curry chicken, and we also got an order of sweet plantains. I didn't care too much for the plantains but I assume if you like them they were good however my other food was great and my friend said hers was too!

The service was excellent and the food was ready pretty quickly. The prices were a little higher than I expected, the total for all three items was around $60 but we got plenty of food for the price. I don't actually have a complaint about the price at all, it was just higher than I expected. I ate three different times off of my plate and my friend told he that she did too.

I highly recommend checking them out. I will definitely be back!


 

 

Other recent trips to places I've already reviewed:

 

Sakura, Poplar Avenue, Memphis, TN - the East Memphis roll


 

The Sizzler Steakhouse, Oxford, MS - filet and shrimp, my friend ordered a sausage and cheese plate



 

 

La Cocina, Memphis, TN - chicken quesadilla, my buddy got a burrito


 

No comments:

Post a Comment