Tuesday, February 6, 2018

La Playita Mexican, Memphis, TN

La Playita

MAP

Playita Mexicana is a Mexican restaurant near Bass Pro Shop on Macon Road in Memphis, TN. I had been there several times but a few years ago, a friend of mine recommended that I try the red snapper, which I had seen other people get but never tried. It is a whole fish with cherries for the eyes and comes with rice, beans, and oranges on the side.

I wasn't sure it was something I would like but after I tried it, it's what I go there for now. Their other Mexican food is good too, but this thing is great. It's not cheap. I think it's $17 or $18. I usually get this, a small cheese dip, and a drink and with tip it's close to $30, but it's a lot of food.

There are three different options, garlic grilled, fried, and red diablo sauce. I recommend the garlic but all three are good. I will warn you that the red diablo sauce is really, really hot. It tastes good but it overpowers the taste of the fish.

I went there this past Saturday night but I have been there many times over the last 4 or 5 years since I found out about this dish. Highly recommended!


No comments:

Post a Comment