Saturday, June 23, 2018

Tom's Barbecue, Horn Lake, MS

Tom's

MAP

Tom's is a small Barbecue restaurant in Horn Lake on the west side of Highway 51, just a little south Bullfrog Corner (the intersection Goodman and Highway 51).

I went there this past Thursday night after a rehearsal. The Thursday night special was a cheeseburger, so I decided to try that, and I opted for macaroni and cheese as the side item. The burger was good and the mac and cheese was really good. I actually asked if it had pimento in it or some other ingredient and they said no, just the noodles and cheese sauce. I thought the cheese sauce was exceptionally good.

After I was finished, a waitress came over to my table and brought me a free order of ribs, stating that they had forgotten something on my burger. and the order of ribs was to make up for that error. She didn't say what the error was and I didn't notice anything wrong. Either way, the ribs were fantastic. I don't order ribs very often, but I want them, this is the place I will go.

Apparently, this Tom's is related to the Tom's in Memphis at Getwell at Raines. I went there once several years ago and to be honest, I wasn't impressed, but this time at the location in Horn Lake, I was definitely impressed by the ribs, so I'll have to try the barbecue next time.

The total was a little under $9.00 with a drink and tax, so it was a pretty good deal. I don't know how much the ribs were since they didn't charge for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment