Friday, December 10, 2021

Central Barbecue, Memphis, TN

Central Barbecue

MAP (Poplar Avenue location) 

Central Barbecue is a local chain with several location in Memphis. I haven't been to any location in several years after horrendously bad customer service from the owner at the Summer Avenue location a few years back. I normally avoid Central but a friend wanted to meet at the one on Poplar a back this past Wednesday for lunch and I didn't want to be the "difficult" friend so I went.

The food was reasonably good and the prices were about the same as any other barbecue place. It's not one of my favorite places to go obviously but it's okay.

I ordered a sausage and cheese plate and a barbecue sandwich. Both were decent any my total was around $21 with a drink and tax.

The customer service was reasonably good also and as I said, the issue I had at the location on Summer a few years back was with the owner who was a complete jerk basically because they had just opened and didn't have a menu board yet and he thought for some reason I should have known everything that was on the menu. It's a long story but I'll just leave it at that.

Other trips this past week or so.

Los Picosos on Summer Avenue.


 

Payne's Barbecue on Lamar



 

The Happy Mexican on Primacy Parkway





No comments:

Post a Comment