Saturday, April 6, 2019

Red Barn Cafe, Independence, MS

Red Barn

MAP

Red Barn is a small cafe in Independence, MS at the corner of Highway 305 and Sycamore Road by the post office. I've posted about them before but they have moved so I decided to post a new entry. If you know where they used to be, they are now just barely south of that same location on the other side of the road and in a larger building.

I went there this morning for breakfast. I'm not much on breakfast food so one of the things I like about them is they serve most of the menu any time. Today I ordered country fried steak with onion rings and a salad.

The steak was tender enough that I didn't need to use a knife. The onion rings were actually not rings but more just pieces of onion ring which made them easier to eat. The salad was also really good and had exactly what I like on a salad, lettuce, cheese, croutons, and dressing. It probably also would have had tomato but out of habit because I don't care for it, I asked for no tomato.

I highly recommend them. They are a little bit out of the way but definitely worth the drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment