Thursday, August 8, 2019

Memphis Barbecue Company, Horn Lake, MS

Memphis Barbecue Co.

MAP

Memphis Barbecue Company is located in Horn Lake just off Goodman Road just west of I-55. I've been there several times and to be honest, I debated on whether or not to review them. We ordered from there a few nights ago at work.

The food is good but they are a little overpriced in my opinion for what you get. I did not go to pick up the food the other night so I can't comment on the service but I can say that every time I've been there, there has been some issue with the service.

The last time I went and ate at the location it was with a group there was a problem with one of the orders and when the person mentioned it, the waitress literally put up her hands and said "That's on the kitchen. I put the order in right!" and walked off. The guy had to call her back over and ask her to bring him the right order. Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset that there was a mistake. It happens. I was upset that she didn't seem to give a shit and literally walked off. I have no idea if the guy said anything a manager.

I have a friend that claims he goes there all the time and has never had any problem of any kind.

Regardless, I will say the food is good and I have no complaints with that. It's just that there are literally a couple of hundred other barbecue restaurants in the metro area so I don't pick this one as one to go to often.

They are really popular because they were featured on some TV show a few years ago but I don't personally know anyone that's actually from Memphis that recommends them as a first choice. Every time I hear someone recommend them, it's someone from Horn Lake or the north Mississippi area or someone from out of town who says they saw it on TV.

The other night at work I ordered the sausage and cheese plate which was about $11.00 if I remember correctly and it was good.

If you're in the area, certainly give them a try. If you like them and enjoy the experience, then it's a great place for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment