Friday, October 11, 2019

Chef Tam's Underground Cafe, Memphis, TN

Chef Tam's

MAP

Chef Tam's is a small restaurant in an old house at the corner of Young Avenue and Bruce Street which is just west of East Parkway, just a little east of Cooper/Young. I originally saw it on Groupon a few weeks ago even though I didn't buy the Groupon deal. I had been planning on trying it but didn't get over there until today. I'll have to say, I shouldn't have waited so long. It was fantastic!

I ordered the Big Mouth Burger with seasoned fries and a side order called the Muddy Water Mac and Cheese, which is macaroni and cheese stuffed with crawfish, crab, and shrimp. Everything was great and the service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly.

Prices are about average for a place in Cooper/Young. All together my total was about $18 before tip which was very reasonable for what I got. As you can see from the pictures, they don't scrimp on the amount of food they give you.

I can't recommend them highly enough. I was just discussing with a friend of mine that if you only like chain restaurants I feel a little sorry for you because you miss out on places like this.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment