Friday, November 13, 2020

Pop's Comfort Kitchen, Bartlett, TN

Pop's

MAP 

Pop's is a family style diner on Kirby Whitten Road near Stage Road in the same parking lot as the Kroger. I went there last night for dinner after running an errand in the area. The food was pretty good and the service was excellent.

I started with an order of queso and chips which was really good although it was $6, and my entree was the country fried steak with a side salad and macaroni and cheese. Everything was pretty good although the mac and cheese and gravy for the steak needed a little salt. It's worth mentioning that the salad was really good and had a lot of stuff on it for just a "side" salad. They also have Diet Doctor Pepper which is a big plus for me. It's worth noting that the drink was really good, and not watered-down tasting like some places even though it had plenty of ice in it.

The total was around $23 before tip but for everything I got that wasn't too bad. There was a $1.99 up-charge for substituting a side item for the salad but the like I said it was was pretty large for a "side" salad.

A friend of mine met me there and he ordered spaghetti and he said it was good. Interestingly enough, the spaghetti looked more like pasta than spaghetti.

I would definitely recommend it. There were a couple of burgers on the menu that sounded pretty good so I may try one of those next time.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment