Thursday, June 24, 2021

Parish Grocery, Memphis, TN

Parish Grocery

Parish Facebook 

Parish Grocery is a small cafe on Cooper Street just north of Young Avenue in the building where Elwood's Shells used to be. It's a New Orleans inspired restaurant and I think the owners are from there. I went there a couple of days ago for lunch and it was fantastic.

I ordered a fish dinner which was two huge pieces of fish, two side items, and a roll. For the side items I got slaw and macaroni and cheese and the mac and cheese was so good I got another order to take home. The prices are reasonable for what you get. My total before tip including two cans of Diet Coke and tax was about $21 (not including the side order of mac and cheese I took home).

Two things worth mentioning, there are nowhere near as expensive as Elwood's Shell's was and there is limited parking. I mention the parking thing just because it's a Cooper/Young issue. They have their own parking lot but it only has two parking spaces and there is limited parking on the street.

I highly recommend them and I will definitely be back soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment