At the beginning of July I went out of town to Columbus for a week long work conference. Since I don't live near Columbus I'm including all of the restaurants where I went here. I only got to go to a few because during the conference there was food provided some days. I did a little research before going and let me say, the few places I did get to go were great.
Donato's has several locations but I went to the one that was near the downtown hotel where I stayed. I went there based on a suggestion by a friend and ordered the "Founder's Favorite" which my friend suggested. It's the original founder's family recipe with pepperoni, sausage, shaved ham, banana peppers, smoked Provolone, and Romano and it was great. The prices were reasonable. I think I spent around $25 for the pizza and a drink.
Highly recommended!
Pat and Gracie's is a bar and grill/tavern with two locations. I went to the one on Graceland Boulevard because the one downtown was closed that day for remodel or something. The food was really good.
I ordered chicken Parmesan and an appetizer of cheese sticks and everything was great. The prices were about average for that type of restaurant and I would recommend them if you're in the area.
The Walrus is another bar and grill style restaurant and I don't remember how I wound up there but holy crap was it great!
I ordered two appetizers, lobster pierogies and chicken nachos and both were fantastic but the pierogies were exceptionally good. I had never had pierogies before but have wanted to try them for a long time and when I saw then on the menu I knew I had to get them.
The prices weren't cheap but after all, it was lobster. Also the service was excellent. The waiter was very friendly. I highly recommend this place!
Graeter's is an ice cream shop with numerous locations including several in Columbus. I went there based on a suggestion from a cousin and it was wonderful. There's nothing even remotely comparable near me. I got a scoop of peanut butter chocolate and a scoop of chocolate chip and also a chocolate bar to take home for later. They are a little pricey but not really any higher than Baskin Robbins and it's so much better! This is another place I highly recommend if you're near one!
Los Portales is a Mexican restaurant in Hayti, MO and I stopped there on the way to Columbus for lunch. It was standard Mexican fare but it was good. It wasn't anything spectacular but if you're passing by they are worth a stop. The prices were about average for a Mexican restaurant.








No comments:
Post a Comment