Saturday, August 11, 2018

Lotaburger, Memphis, TN

Lotaburger

MAP

Lotaburger is a small burger shack on Third Street in Memphis just south of Mallory Avenue, directly across the street from Jim Neely's Barbecue. I've heard about it many times but never been there before today. They don't have a dining room; it's all to go orders only.

I had heard that it was the "best burger in the mid-south" so I wanted to try it. I'll be honest, it was good, but definitely what I'd rank as the best. Also, it was kind of pricey. I got a double cheeseburger combo and I'm pretty sure the menu said $8.99 including a drink, but apparently that doesn't include cheese, which cost almost a dollar for 2 slices, or 57 cents for seasoned fries (the menu did say there was an upcharge for seasoned fries), or an unspecified $1.50 charge for something, plus 50 cents because I used a credit card. All together, for just a double cheeseburger combo, it was almost $14.00.

All in all, that's not that bad considering I went to Wimpy's not long ago and spent almost the same amount for a mediorce burger and fries.

Anyway, I never like giving a bad review, and the food wasn't bad, it just wasn't as great as I had heard. The lady at the window, who I think was the owner was very friendly and I will definitely go back for the "experience."





No comments:

Post a Comment