Thursday, August 23, 2018

The Germantown Commissary, Germantown, TN

The Commissary

MAP

The Commissary is a small barbecue restaurant in Germantown on South Germantown Road (State Highway 177) just south of Southern Avenue, across the street from Germantown United Methodist Church.

It was originally a small grocery store until 1981 when the current owner bought it and turned it into a restaurant. I have been there a few times, but not recently until today. I got a tamale plate (based on the suggestion of a friend) and a cheese and sausage plate. Both were really good. My friend got a barbecue sandwich and he said it was really good also.

I don't know exactly how much it was because my friend owed me some money so he picked up the check, but prices on the menu seemed about average, and all together before tip, I believe it was around $36.00.

I also recommend the Brunswick Stew, which is very good there. I've had it a couple of times in the past.

The only negative thing I will say is, there isn't much parking right at the location. You can park across the street at the church when there isn't anything going on at the church, and there is a small parking lot with a few spots directly across the street, but some of those spots are reserved for other businesses.

Otherwise, it's a great place to go for good food.

On a side note, I saw a good friend of mine right up the street who had been in a wreck. Luckily, no one was hurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment