Monday, September 10, 2018

The Cottage Restaurant, Memphis, TN

The Cottage

MAP

The Cottage is a small family diner on Summer Avenue just east of Graham, in the shopping center near Dollar General. It's a Memphis staple. It was at the corner of Summer and Holmes for many years but a few years back it moved to the new location and I had been there many times. I've been to the new location several times but had the breakfast buffet each time until yesterday.

Yesterday I got the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. It was decent. It tasted fine but was a little tough. I wasn't unhappy with the meal, it was just a little chewy. Prices are reasonable. I believe the total was about $12.00 before tip including a drink.

It's currently owned by an Asian man and they have a Thai menu. I haven't tried any of the Thai food yet but I've heard it's good.

I recommend trying it and will be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment