Saturday, December 1, 2018

White Castle, Nashville, TN

White Castle

MAP

White Castle is a large chain, which I usually don't blog about, but I'm making an exception because we don't have this chain in the Memphis/North Mississippi area.

They are similar to Krystal, but in my opinion, better. Not everyone agrees, but if you're near one, try them out.

Yesterday while I was in Nashville, I went to the location on Broadway near the corner of Broadway and 14th street.

I thought there was more than one location in Nashville, but apparently this is the only one. I've been to this restaurant several times, and several locations in Kentucky, but not in several years.

The food is good, as I said. I happen to like them better than Krystal, and the prices are about the same. One drawback to the Nashville location is, it's near downtown, Traffic is horrible if you are there during any busy time, and homeless people seem to hang out there. Apparently it's bad enough that the restaurant put in keypad accessible restroom doors inside the restaurant when they remodeled a couple of years ago. When I got there, as soon as I stepped out of my car, a guy approached me and asked me if I would buy him something to eat, which I did. I have always said that I don't give people money, but I would buy anyone a meal if they seem to actually be hungry and not drunk. There also appeared to be several other homeless people hanging out around the lot, but none of them approached me.

All that said, the food is good and I will go back when I'm in the area. Prices are similar to Krystal. I don't remember exactly how much my meal was, but I paid for three number 1 combos (mine, the homeless guy, and my friend that was with me because I owed him some money) and the total for all three was about $22.00, so a little over $7.00 each, including tax. The number one is four cheeseburgers, fries, and a drink. Now that I think about it, that might actually be a little cheaper than Krystal.

Anyway, give them a try if you're in the area. I forgot to take a picture of the food before I started eating, so this picture is of my almost finished meal.











No comments:

Post a Comment