Saturday, December 22, 2018

Dixie Queen, Southaven, MS

Dixie Queen, Southaven, MS

MAP

Dixie Queen is a local chain with several locations around Memphis and two in Southaven, MS. I go there from time to time and usually get a cheeseburger, but this past Wednesday I got their chili-cheese fries based on the recommendation of a coworker, and I was really impressed. I occasionally get this at Krystal, but these were really good and I believe from now on when I want chili-cheese fries, this will be where I go. They apparently don't have a web site, so you may have to do a Google search for a location near you.

I went to the location that is near my house, which is on Stateline Road about 2 blocks east of I-55 on the north side, before you get to Tops Barbecue.

Their prices are about average for a drive though place. Normally a large cheeseburger and a drink is about $7.00. The total this was around that same amount and the item was enough for a meal. They are also one of the few places that is open 24 hours any more. They also have really good ice cream and milkshakes.

I'll be honest with you, they don't appear to have very good reviews on the internet, but I've never had a bad meal there. I will say, their burgers are kind of greasy, so if you don't like greasy burgers, this is not the burger place for you.

I've said several times that I normally don't review chain restaurants, but the ones that I have reviewed are typically local chains or there is some specific reason I reviewed than, like a few days ago when I reviewed White Castle since we don't have those in my area.


No comments:

Post a Comment