Saturday, December 29, 2018

Restaurante Vigil, Memphis, TN

Restaurante Vigil

MAP

Restaurante Vigil is a small Mexican Restaurant on Homer Street, right at the corner of Rockwood Avenue, across from the old Leawood Baptist Church in the Highland and Macon area. I went there today randomly. I was supposed to meet some friends for lunch but they were running late and I hadn't eaten since the previous evening. I knew they opened in the last couple of years but had not been there. It's a small place with only a few tables.

I got a chicken quesadilla and it was really good. It came with rice and beans. The beans were honestly a little soupy, but they made a great "sauce" for the rice and tasted very good.

The prices were very reasonable. For the quesadilla entree and a canned Coke, the total was exactly $10.00. I'm not 100% sure but I think they take cash only.

Nobody there really speaks English, so you may have to order in Spanish, but it's definitely worth trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment