Saturday, December 22, 2018

Gus's Fried Chicken, Memphis, TN

Gus's Fried Chicken

MAP

Gus's is a chain, but it started out as a small independent restaurant in Mason, TN, a small city east of Memphis. There are currently 26 locations around the country, but a fairly significant percentage of them (6 of the total 26 locations, or almost 25%) are in or near Memphis, TN. Last Wednesday, I met a couple of friends at the location on Mendenhall Road, basically at the south corner of Mendenhall and Mount Moriah Road, a little north of Truse Parkway.

This particular location doesn't have a lot of parking, but I got lucky and got a place right up front.

I ordered a 2 piece chicken dinner with baked beans and macaroni and cheese, which is what I always get there. It comes with a breast and a leg which is plenty for a meal Their chicken is slightly spicy, and some people don't like it, but I love spicy stuff and I don't think theirs is all that spicy. Just something to be aware of if you go there.

I've been to or ordered from most of the locations in the area and they are all are really good. I definitely recommend trying them if you're in the area.

I don't remember exactly how much the bill was but it is priced about the same as other fried chicken places. It seems like the total was $11 or $12 including a drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment