Friday, December 7, 2018

Casablanca, Memphis, TN

Casablanca

MAP

Casablanca is a Mediterranean restaurant with several locations in the Memphis area. Today for lunch I went the east Memphis location on Poplar Avenue just east of Mendenhall, on the north side in front of Whole Foods.

It's a cozy atmosphere and they weren't very busy, but I was there around 3:00 or 3:30 PM, so I was well after the lunch rush.

Randomly, I'll mention that the entrance is on the east side of the building. When I pulled up, the entrance looked like an employee entrance or something. The "open" sign is above a door that is blocked off with tables, and I went to the wrong door at first even though I parked right in front of the entrance. While I was there, several other people came in and they all did exactly the same thing, so apparently the entrance actually doesn't look like the entrance to anyone else either. Not a criticism, just something I noticed.

I know nothing about Mediterranean food, so it was a new experience for me. I tried the "Super Sandwich" which is lamb, beef, and chicken in pita style bread, and it was great. It came with two types of sauce, a hot mustard, and another one I would say was similar to honey mustard. Both of the sauces were good too. I also got a salad as the side item with house dressing which was also good.

The menu listed their tea as the "best in Memphis" and I have to say, that might be correct. According to the menu it's made with ginger, sage, mint, and honey, and it was great.

The total was $17.00 before tip, including the drink and tax, so it wasn't cheap, but definitely worth it for what I got. I will definitely be back and will also try the other locations.



No comments:

Post a Comment