Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The Cupboard, Memphis, TN

The Cupboard

MAP

The Cupboard has been around since 1943. They are currently located on Union Avenue just east of Cleveland Street, just down the street from the original location where they moved from 19 years ago. I had been to the old location several times but had only been to the new location once a few years ago.

I ordered the chicken fried steak, one of the Monday lunch specials, and it was ok. It wasn't great, but it was decent. I ordered pinto beans and mashed potatoes as my side items and they were both pretty good.

The chicken was fair, but it didn't seem to have much seasoning on it, so other than the breading, there's wasn't much taste. I'll be back again to try some of their other items and see how they are.

The price was about average. I think my total, including tip and drink was around $15.00.

They are a very popular restaurant so I imagine most of the other stuff is good, and in the past the food has always been good.


No comments:

Post a Comment