Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Deli on the Square, Memphis, TN

Deli on the Square

MAP

Deli on the Square is a small, cozy deli on Lasalle Place which is basically at the corner Madison Avenue and Cooper Street but behind Local on the Square and some of the other businesses along Madison. I went there Monday afternoon for lunch and I was very pleasantly surprised.

I heard about it and when I originally looked it up on the internet it appeared to just be a chain deli but it's not. I believe it used to be Bogey's but they changed names. It's now a hip little joint right in the heart of Overton Square.

I ordered a Reuben Sandwich and it was very good. I ordered a side of pasta salad and drink and all together is was a little over $13 which isn't bad considering their location. The staff were very friendly and the food came out pretty quickly.

One thing worth mentioning is they have their own parking. Some places in Overton Square don't so you have to pay to park or find parking and walk a block or two to whichever restaurant you're going to.

I will definitely be back to try some of their other items.


No comments:

Post a Comment