Monday, September 30, 2019

Jerusalem Market and Restaurant, Memphis, TN

Jerusalem Market and Restaurant

MAP

Jerusalem Restaurant is a market and small restaurant on Summer Avenue in the shopping center that's just east of Avon Road, next to Charlie's Meat Market or behind the Pancake Shop in the spot where the Edo Japanese Restaurant used to be. I went there this past Saturday with a friend on his recommendation and it was fantastic!

I got a chicken Shawarma peta sandwich and my friend ordered a hummus appetizer which came with peta bread and olives and pickles for us to split. They were fantastic. I also ordered a side order of vegetables on his recommendation to put on the sandwich which were great also. I can't say enough about this place. I hadn't eaten since the night before or the sandwich would have been enough for two meals.

Everything was seasoned perfectly. My friend said that everything is made there, including the bread. I decided to get water instead of a soft drink and they brought out bottled water. The prices were really good too. I don't know how much the hummus was because my friend paid for that but my sandwich, two bottles of water, and the side order of vegetables was only about $8.00. I wasn't really sure if they charged for the water or not.

I highly recommend this place. I will be back soon, possibly in the next couple of days on my next days off.






No comments:

Post a Comment