Thursday, March 25, 2021

Mixon's Kitchen, Cockrum/Hernando, MS

Mixon's Kitchen

Facebook Page 

MAP

Mixon's Kitchen is a small cafe on Highway 305 at Holly Springs Road in Hernando a little south of I-269. I went there tonight for dinner.

I ordered a country fried steak, mashed potatoes, corn, and an appetizer of something called Cowboy Bites which were jalapeño, cheese, and corn bites that had been deep fried served with ranch sauce for dipping. The food was pretty good and overall the service was pretty good.

There was a table with several people at it and they were giving the waitress a hard time and being loud and obnoxious. They were hollering for her to hurry up with their drinks while she was clearly trying to ring up another customer. It seemed like they may have been kidding with the waitress but I'm not sure. Regardless, they were still being loud and cursing a lot.

The waitress apologized to me for taking too long to get my order and said the people at the other table were the owners. It was pretty annoying and I'll have to decide to whether I want to go back or not. It was certainly not very good advertising for the place if they were the owners. Let me also specify that I am in no way a prude. I am not the least bit offended by cursing or off color jokes but when I'm trying to eat and "can't hear myself think" over a group of loud, obnoxious people, it's not a good experience, and certainly, the cursing and off color humor could have been offensive to some people.

As I said, the food was pretty good and the prices were reasonable. All together including a drink and tax, my total was just under $20 but considering I ordered an appetizer that wasn't too bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment