Friday, September 3, 2021

Sam's Deli, Memphis, TN

Sam's Deli Facebook Page

Sam's Deli 

MAP

Sam's Deli is exactly what it sounds like, a deli on Highland Street in Memphis, a little south of Southern Avenue on the west side. Interestingly enough, it's directly across the street from where they used to be. They don't have a sign up and it looks like a house so you have to be on the lookout for it.

I went there Thursday night for dinner and was very impressed. I had been there a few years ago when they were on Summer Avenue. The girl working said they had been back at that location where they are now for about a year but were closed most of the year due to the COVID pandemic. They are currently offering take out only but they have one table outside on the patio.

There were several things on the menu that sounded good. I ordered the Cubana which is basically a barbecue sub but it had pickles and mustard. I wasn't sure how mustard was going to fit with barbecue but it was really good. I also ordered a side of mozzarella sticks but if I had known how big the sandwich was going to be I wouldn't have ordered them. You can't really tell by the picture but the sandwich was huge!

Everything was really good and the price for what I got wasn't bad. My total was around $21 including a drink and tax.

My friend ordered a Korean chicken bowl of some sort and he said it was really good also.

I recommend them and I will be back soon to try some of the other things on the menu.





No comments:

Post a Comment