Monday, June 20, 2022

Car Repair in Savannah, TN

Haskins Auto Repair

Elvis Garage

This is one of those few posts that makes my blog "mostly food."

This past week I was in Savannah on vacation and had a minor issue that I needed to get checked out. I went to several places but wound up going to these to and actually getting my car looked at. It turned out to be a non-issue but both places were very professional.

Elvis Garage is on Florence Road a couple of blocks south of Main Street. He pulled the car into his shop but couldn't get the car on the rack (a common problem with Corvettes) but was very friendly and seemed very knowledgeable. He inspected the car as well as he could and said he didn't see any leaks and didn't charge anything since he could actually lift it. I'm assuming he's an Elvis Presley fan. He had the haircut and everything!

Haskins is on Harrison Street a couple of blocks south of Highway 64. They were actually able to get the car up the rack and inspect it. They made an appointment for me and got me in quickly and only charged $21 for the inspection. Many places charge a full hour's labor or some fee much higher than $21. They were also very friendly and knowledgeable. They are also gun friendly if that's of interest to you. They have "legal guns welcome" sign at the front.

I also got my hair cut at a place called All American Barber Shop on Florence Road right by Elvis while I was there. I forget his name but he was very friendly and the haircut was only $16. Most places near me in Southaven charge $21 or more. He doesn't seem to have a website which is why I didn't list one.

I you're in the area and need any of these services I would recommend any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment