Sunday, January 15, 2023

Grey's Fine Cheese, Memphis, TN

Grey's Cheese

MAP 

Grey's is a cheese shop and cafe on Mendenhall Road at Spottswood Avenue just across the street from Gus' Chicken, and just south of the tracks at Poplar Avenue. I went there a couple of weeks ago after having lunch in the area and got some cheese. I didn't know they had a cafe so I went back a few days later for lunch and it was really good.

The first time I went in there I noticed on the menu the "Straight out of Comte" which is Cornichon relish, local ham from Canale's, Comte cheese, and Poupon Duke's mustard on a baguette roll and I wanted to try that. I'm glad I did because it was fantastic!

I also bought some more blue cheese which was great also. Their prices aren't cheap but they are reasonable for what you get. The sandwich was $16 and it came with a bag of chips. I don't know how much the total was because a friend of mine happened to pay that day although I got water to drink.

The blue cheese I got I paid for separately and it was about $20 for a large chunk. The chunk showed in this post is the piece I bought the previous week and it was $10. The cheese was fantastic.

I highly recommend it and I will definitely be back. It's noteworthy to mention they are in a small shopping center with very little parking. I always have trouble finding a space when I go there during lunchtime.




 

Other trips that week:

Cinco de Mayo, Olive Branch, MS - Grilled chicken breast over with rice and beans


 


No comments:

Post a Comment