Thursday, April 6, 2023

Barksdale's Restaurant, Memphis, TN

Barksdale's

MAP 

Barksdale's is a home cooking and breakfast restaurant on Cooper Street right at the corner of Courtland Place.I went there last week for lunch when I was in the area.

They have been around for many years. I remember going there back in the 90s with my father while running a business errand.

The food was really good and they have great prices. The daily lunch special was $10 which included a choice of a meat and three vegetables. I ordered country fried steak, mashed potatoes, potato salad, and black-eyed peas. Everything tasted really good and the portions were fairly big. To be fair, the country fried steak was more like Salisbury steak instead of country fried, but it was good regardless.

I have heard they have great breakfast too but as many of you know, I'm not all that big on breakfast foods. I still may go back over there soon and try it. I definitely recommend giving them a try.


 

Other recent trips:

T.J. Mulligan's, Cordova, TN - Chicken nachos



No comments:

Post a Comment