Monday, March 12, 2018

Media Outlet, Memphis, TN

Media Outlet

MAP

Ok, here's my first entry that isn't food related. I went to this store today based on something a friend posted just to see what it was about and was impressed by their selection.

Media Outlet sells used media, consisting of CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, and video games. The post my friend made was a copy of one of their flyers which stated that they had DVDs for $3.00, including complete seasons from television. I was skeptical, but went there anyway on my way to meet a friend for dinner tonight, and to my pleasant surprise, the flyer was true!

There were a few more recent movies priced at $5.00, but for the most part, everything was priced at $3.00 or less. I actually bought 5 movies for a total of $13.00 and would have bought several more, but I was in somewhat of a time crunch and had to leave to meet my friend.

My guess would be that this is some individual that bought out the inventory of a rental store or some online place, as they seemed to have multiple copies of many of the movies, a few of items seemed to be in non-original factory rental boxes, and I even saw one item in a rental box that had the name Blockbuster inside the cover, but to me that doesn't matter. They have a great selection, several rooms full of tables of boxes of movies.

The only possible thing someone might consider negative (this wasn't negative to me, but I thought it worth mentioning) is, they movies aren't really in any specific order. There are a few racks with TV shows only, and a few tables with boxes labeled as TV shows, but otherwise, they seemed to be somewhat random, as I saw multiple copies of the same movie in various locations throughout the store, and I wasn't able to find all the movies in a couple of series I wanted.

For example, I was going to buy the Bourne and Pirates of the Caribbean movies, but they did not have all of either, and I considered buying the 24 television series, but they only had seasons 2-5, at least as far as I could find. This is just a personal thing; I don't like having part of a movie set but not having all of it. When I have more time, I'm going to go back and see if I can find the others I didn't have time to look for today..

Also, I asked the cashier if they guaranteed the movies to play and he said no, but he then stated that if you get a movie that doesn't play, you can bring it back and exchange it or if they don't have another copy of the same movie, they will refund your money. That's semantics, but either way, you're ok if you happen to get a movie that won't play. So far, all of the movies I bought today work fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment