Monday, March 12, 2018

Two Vegan Sistas, Memphis, TN

Two Vegan Sistas

MAP

Two Vegas Sistas is a small vegan cafe on Summer Avenue, basically at Summer and Elmore, across the street from the Highway Patrol station. If you happen to look it up on Google maps, it may give you the wrong location. For some reason, it sometimes shows it near Summer and Holmes, but that is incorrect, and according to the owner, they have never been near Holmes Road. They have been in their currently location for about 4-5 years.

First, let me say, I'm not vegan so I don't know too much about vegan food. I wanted to try this place ever since I saw a funny advertisement for it last year, but haven't been able to make it over that way recently. I finally got there tonight and it was really good.

Before going, I asked for opinions on Facebook and got mostly good reviews, but one person said the menu didn't look that great.

This is the high protein burger, made from lentils, sunflower seeds, oats, bell peppers, onions, celery, and other spices, and comes on a wheat bun with tomato, ketchup, and mustard. I also got a side of green beans. Both items were great. For dessert, I got a cookies and cream cheesecake. Everything was fantastic!

I had a buy one entree get one free coupon. The owner rang me up for a "plate" which is the entree, side, and dessert for $15.00 and my friend got exactly the same thing, so it should have been around $33.00 including tax before tip. After the coupon, the total was about $13.00 each, not including a drink as I actually got water, so it saved us a few bucks each. It seemed reasonable to me, even though I don't know much about vegan food prices.

Even though I'm not normally vegan, I will definitely be back.




No comments:

Post a Comment