Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Handy Andy Barbecue, Oxford, MS

Handy Andy

MAP

Handy Andy is a barbecue restaurant in Oxford on North Lamar Boulevard west of Highway 7 and north of Highway 6. I was in Oxford yesterday and had already eaten an early lunch but had been wanting to try them so I stopped by for just a sandwich.

Someone recommended them to me not long ago but didn't tell me it was a barbecue restaurant. Most barbecue restaurants have really good cheeseburgers but I didn't get a cheeseburger today. I'll have to try that next time. I was actually expecting it to be a lunch counter in a hardware store since there used to be a hardware store chain by the same same but it wasn't. It is an individual restaurant.

Today I ordered a regular barbecue sandwich and an order of beans and both were really good. Both things tasted a little different than I've had at other places. It was sort of similar to Payne's but different and very good in it's own way. I tried the mild and the hot sauce and both were good. The hot sauce was hot but not too hot.

Prices were very reasonable. The total for a sandwich, order of beans, and a drink was less than $8.00.

Next time I get over that way I'll post a more detailed blog; I'll get a full meal next time. I definitely recommend it based on what I had today.


No comments:

Post a Comment