Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Philip's Grocery, Oxford, MS

Phillip's Grocery

MAP

Phillip's Grocery is a small cafe on South Lamar Boulevard in Oxford just a few blocks south of Highway 6. I went there this yesterday for an early lunch based on a recommendation of a friend. It was very quaint and the food was really good.

I got a mushroom Swiss burger and a side of onion rings. The burger was really good and the onion rings were crispy and not chewy like some places.

The price was a little higher than I expected but not overpriced. They don't have combos so everything is a la carte it seems. The total including a drink and tax was a little less that $14.00 but like I said, it was not overpriced and well worth what I paid.

I got there right before they opened at 10:30 and no other customers were there but by the time I was finished, several people were there and a couple of people came in for to go orders.

It's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.


No comments:

Post a Comment