Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Beatty Street Grocery, Jackson, MS

Beatty Street Grocery

MAP

Beatty Street Grocery is a small grocery and restaurant at the corner of Beatty Street and West Street in Jackson, MS just a little north of I-55/I-20. I was passing through Jackson yesterday on my way to Laurel, MS and stopped there to grab lunch. It was on my list of places to try and it was worth the slight detour.

It's a typical small local store with a few items for sale and a lunch counter. They have several types of sandwiches and apparently at least a couple of plate lunches but I wanted to try the burger and I was very happy. The price was a little under $10 but I bought a bottled drink instead of getting the burger combo because I wanted a Mountain Dew but I think the combo would have been a little cheaper. Either way, it was good and definitely worth the stop if you're in the area. The order of fries was pretty large and everything was good.


No comments:

Post a Comment