Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Erling Jensen's, Memphis, TN



Erling's is a fine dining restaurant on South Yates Road at the corner of Murray Avenue where Yates dead ends south of Poplar avenue. I had been there once before about 20 years ago but had not had a chance to go back until tonight.

I ordered several items, a Petit Cantal cheese plate with grilled andouille and whole grain mustard, and crostini, a root vegetable soup, and for the entrée a flank steak over a bed of asparagus and mashed sweet potato. They also include a crab cake starter with dill sauce, a lemon sorbet palate cleanser, and a chocolate muffin, and when I was finished offered me a cup of coffee. I forgot to ask what kind of coffee it was but it wasn't Folger's, let me tell you.

The total price for what I got was very reasonable although take note, they are not cheap as again, they are a fine dining establishment but the food and service is beyond impeccable. I felt a little out of place being dressed casually but I had called ahead and they assured me that was fine. On busy nights you may need to make a reservation but when I called they said that during the week I would probably be ok if I came in without one. They offer valet parking but I didn't use that so I don't know how much they charge.

They are only open at night from 5:00 until 10:00 PM for dinner.

My total bill before tip was just under $90 and worth every penny of it. I will definitely be back. Also be warned, there is nothing on the menu that doesn't sound spectacular.







No comments:

Post a Comment