Thursday, October 15, 2020

Alcenia's, Memphis, TN

Alcenia's

MAP 

Alcenia's is a soul food/home cooking restaurant in the Pinch District in downtown Memphis. It's on Main Street just south of Jackson Avenue. I've been there several times but it was before I started the blog. I cannot say enough about this place! The food is fantastic and the service is even better.

Today I got fried catfish, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese and it was all utterly awesome! I decided to get Diet Coke forgetting that they serve it in cans instead of from a fountain. I should get water more often because I drink a lot while I eat, and in this case I had three cans. All together with the drinks and entree the total was around $20 but of course would have been several dollars cheaper if I had ordered water instead.

My friend got exactly the same thing except he ordered baked catfish because he eats healthier than I do and said it was great also.

Right now they are mostly only serving take out orders but she put a table outside for us because I didn't realize that. While we were there a lady and her daughter came in to get an order. They were from out of town and were in town for a volleyball tournament and someone told her to go by and eat there.

I can't recommend this place highly enough! It's worth checking out even if you have to make special trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment