Thursday, January 14, 2021

Catfish Cabin, Jackson, TN

Catish Cabin Jackson

MAP 

Catfish Cabin is a franchised regional chain. At one time I believe there were 30 or more locations but now I think there are only a few. I normally don't review chain businesses but they are independently owned and operated. I was in Jackson this past Tuesday night on business and went there with a friend who had driven me there (it's a long story but I was in a wreck a few days ago and had to go to Jackson to borrow a car).

The location in Jackson is on South Highland Avenue which is apparently the same as Highway 45, a few miles south of the 45/70 interchange.

The food was great. I ordered a Catfish platter with fish, shrimp, and stuffed crab. We also ordered appetizers for the table, an order of fried green tomatoes and two orders of pepper jack cheese bites which were particularly good.

The total before tip was just under $81 but considering that was three meals, three appetizers, and three drinks, including an up-charge for an extra side salad that's really not bad for everything we got. All three of us had food to take home.

I went there a few years ago while in the area and back then they still had all you can eat and for just that with no appetizers or extras for three people it was over $100. Yes, all you can eat was something like $28 per person back in the late 90s or early 2000s so their prices have really come down a lot since then.

I definitely recommend it and I will be back when I'm in the area.






No comments:

Post a Comment