Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Rest Haven, Clarksdale, MS

Rest Haven

MAP 

Rest Haven is a small family owned diner in Clarksdale on State Street just east of New Africa Road. I've been there a couple of times but had not been recently. I was in the area this past Friday and stopped by for an early lunch.

I ordered the daily special which was fried catfish with three side items and for those I got macaroni and cheese, Lima beans, and fried potatoes. Everything was fantastic as it has been every time I've been there.

The prices are great. My total was around $11 including a drink and tax. The family that owns it is Greek and I've heard from a number of people their Greek food is fantastic but I haven't tried any of that yet. I have a couple of things I want to try next time.

I highly recommend this place! While I was there I stopped by the "crossroads" which is one of the rumored locations where Robert Johnson the blues man made his deal with the Devil. The place pictured near there, Abe's Barbecue is supposed to be really good also but I haven't had a chance to eat there yet.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment