Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Dyer's, Collierville, TN

Dyer's

MAP 

Dyer's is a burger restaurant on the downtown square in Collierville, right across from the west side of Town Square Park, which is west of Poplar Avenue. I went there this past Wednesday for lunch. If you aren't familiar with them, check out the following link. Dyer's has been around the Memphis area a long time but in various locations. Currently there are two locations I believe, downtown Memphis and Collierville.

While I can't vouch for the authenticity of the information in this following article, I can say I worked there back in the early 90s for two or three months and we did not change the grease while I worked there.

Dyer's 100 year old grease

They have numerous items on their menu now. Back years ago they had only burgers and hot dogs and the only condiments available were ketchup, mayo, mustard, onions, pickles, and cheese. The side options were potato chips, and the drink options were Coke, Diet Coke, and water. They later added a few kinds of beer and then eventually expanded the menu.

I got a burger and fries and they were as good as they always were. I also got a scoop of ice cream for dessert and it was fine also.

My burger and fries were about $14 I think. My total bill including tax and tip was about $23

I definitely like them and recommend it if you like a good old fashioned greasy burger. They aren't as greasy as you might think considering they are deep fried in grease.



 

other trips this last week

 

Taco Felix, Hernando, MS - the chicken Sopa



 Resthaven, Clarksdale, MS - Chicken Rotel


 

Katie's Kitchen, Germantown, TN - Jambalaya, got it to go to eat at home, it was great.

 

 


 

10th Inning, Southaven, MS - Sausage and cheese plate, one of the best I've had


No comments:

Post a Comment