Saturday, October 27, 2018

Proud Larry's, Oxford, MS

Proud Larry's

MAP

Proud Larry's is a bar, restaurant, and concert venue in Oxford, MS on Lamar Boulevard, on the southeast side of the old downtown Square. I went there this past Wednesday to hear one of the Ole' Miss jazz ensembles, which I really enjoyed, and the food and atmosphere at the restaurant was very nice also.

I got the "Pollo" which is baked chicken in pasta. For some reason, it wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting a chicken breast, but I probably just misread the menu. That said though, it was very good. It seemed about average for this type of venue. Before tip, the bill was around $18.00 including a drink and tax.

There were a few people around my age, but mostly, it seemed to be college aged folks, but everyone I had an interaction with was friendly. I hope to be back for more music soon.

Parking is sometimes a little bit of a hassle, as it's downtown venue. There is some close parking, but you have to get lucky. I had to park a couple of blocks away and walk, but that's not a criticism, just simply something to be aware of.



No comments:

Post a Comment