Saturday, May 4, 2019

Olive Branch Catfish Company, Olive Branch, MS

Olive Branch Catfish

MAP

Olive Branch Catfish is a catfish and seafood restaurant on Highway 178 (Old 78) in Olive Branch a little east of downtown Olive Branch. I went there this past Wednesday night for dinner.

I intentionally waited a couple of days to post this because my first impression of the place wasn't very good. They weren't very busy around 7 PM and I was seated at a table. One waitress came out and seemed to be annoyed that I was at a table and not a booth. I don't know why that mattered, but she mumbled something under her breath about it. She then asked me what I wanted to drink and told another waitress to bring it to me.

The second waitress was very friendly and the service was reasonably fast. The food was decent but seemed a little overpriced for what I got. I got a platter with 3 shrimp, 1 piece of catfish, french fries, and coleslaw and it was around $18.00. To be honest, I don't get seafood very often and that may not be too expensive. The coleslaw was very mayonnaise-y tasting but it wasn't bad. If you like mayo based slaw, you'll like it.

Overall, my experience wasn't bad, I just got a bad first impression like I said. I will be back again and give them another chance when I'm over that way. My total bill with a drink before tip was something like $21.00.

Don't avoid them because of my review. Like I said, I'll give them another chance. I may have just caught them on an off day.


No comments:

Post a Comment