Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Boure, Oxford, MS

Boure

MAP

Boure is a slightly upscale but casual restaurant and bar located on the square in Oxford on East Jackson Avenue just east of North 9th Street. I had it on my list for a few weeks after hearing about it from a friend and went there tonight for dinner and it was fantastic.

Several things on the menu looked great but the waiter told me the daily special and I decided to try that. It was pan seared steak over fettuccine noodles and spinach with a blue cheese bordelaise and red onion jelly and it was fantastic. The steak was cooked just right and the service was great.

I also ordered a side salad with blue cheese and it was prepared perfectly. The dressing was drizzled over the greens so it wasn't overbearing. Everything was perfect.

It's not cheap but it isn't overpriced. My total before tip was just under $34.00 which for what I got was very reasonable, especially considering it's in a prime downtown location right on the square.

I drove down there tonight just to eat and it was worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment